Some of the highlights of the museum/their visit…
- It’s not too big, not too small – an ideal size to feel as if you can take the time to enjoy everything, while still making a bit of a special trip.
- The museum features American art, along with public exhibits that will change out. While there, Jill and Molly enjoyed Laura Poitras’ “Astro Noise.”
- There are lovely outdoor spaces, where you can experience the neighborhood, which includes One World Trade and the Empire State buildings.
- Fantastic for families for all of the above, plus food is available within the museum with several food cart options right outside on the street.
- It’s very accessible for all – including those who use wheelchairs or strollers.
- There are plenty of very pleasant and knowledgeable staff members circulating throughout the Whitney Museum, who are happy to answer any questions.
- The pair’s favorite viewings included all the Edward Hopper works, George Bellows and the Calder Circus!
If you’re planning a vacation to the Big Apple, or are fortunate enough to reside there, but haven’t yet been to the new Whitney Museum, we highly recommend planning a visit – enjoy!!