Being full of holiday goodwill, Steve’s gone wild and the most of the store is 25% off (some exclusions apply). Visit us the shop on Dec. 28 – 30 for best selection, and online savings with the code WILD2017, expires midnight 1/1/2017. Start 2017 off right by saving!
Who’s ready to choose their Christmas cards. What?? I haven’t put away my Bermuda shorts yet, you say! As a corporate wife of a Berkshire Hathaway company CEO, mom of an active family of now young adults, and all that entails, I’ve learned a few things over the years and would like to share some words of wisdom with you.
Planning ahead will save you time, money and avoid stress. Plain and simple.
Read on for my helpful tips and a Giveaway from Minted.com!
Since you may need some time to pull together photos, addresses, etc, it is really smart to start thinking about this holiday tradition now. To help you with holiday cards, here’s my easy action plan, aided by Minted.com, which provides unique images from independent artists.
- First, what card suits your family this year? Spend some time thinking about all the fun events, birthdays, milestones for your family. There are so many options these days – Thanksgiving, Hanukkah, Christmas, New Year’s. Was there a special occasion in your family this year, perhaps a wedding or big trip? Now that we’re Empty Nesters (I think that’s defined by what’s in your fridge these days which are mostly condiments, cheese and wine), holiday cards take on a different look. No matching smocked outfits, less time all together as a family, school, work and their own families happen, so there are fewer photo opportunities. If you’re going to be taking photos with the extended family at Christmas, perhaps a Happy New Year’s card suits you best.
- Schedule 15-20 minutes for a few days to go through your photos. Are the family photos on your phone? Your spouse’s phone? Did someone take a good couples photo of you at an event? Save them in a universal spot like Google photos or iPhotos.
- Delete bad photos. Never a better time than now and it frees up more space to capture new memories.
- Now that you have an idea of what the contenders are, in terms of images, develop a game plan to fill in the photo blanks. For instance, here’s my current photo summary and game plan…
- I have 0 photos of me and spouse – Someone needs to take a cute pic of us!
- Good quantity of SM, me and child #3
- Cute photos of our married kids sent to me already
- I need photos of this year’s college graduate. Who has one?
- Plenty of photos of Duke the Shop dog!
- Now for the fun part – browse your favorite online stationery source. I’m super-excited about Minted. Save your favorite unique designs with their handy heart symbol, download your photos and see how it looks in each design. Minted has a handy “Find It Fast” button where you can see your photos in several cards, making it easy to choose your favorites.
My goal is to have narrowed down my choices to three by late October and an order goal of November 5th. I’ve learned what works for me – plan ahead and diminish the panic feeling as we head toward Thanksgiving (my mailing date goal). Enjoy this time thinking about your family, and the dear friends who will enjoy your special cards. ~Jill
Bonus = A Giveaway! Minted has generously offered to share their unique designs from independent artists with a $100 Giveaway toward holiday cards. See the latest trends and updated classic holiday card designs. Click here to enter to win $100 to shop Minted! No purchase necessary and giveaway ends midnight Nov. 2nd.
This post and images (except Duke’s photos) are sponsored by Minted, but all text, and opinions are all my own.
Thank you to all who helped make 2015 an especially memorable year for steve mckenzie’s!
From our “Best of Houzz” award to the introduction of Steve’s new “Garden Bouquet” fabric collection and rug line for Verde Home – this has been an exciting time for us! Of course, none of this would’ve been possible without YOU and for that we are eternally grateful.
We’d like to take this opportunity to wish you a very happy 2016… We’re looking forward to another exciting year serving our clients throughout the Southeast and beyond, and are looking forward to all this New Year has to offer! (Watch our Instagram and Facebook for details on new product launches!)
Please remember, our showroom is closed through the 4th of January, however, steve mckenzie’s is available 24/7 at stevemckenzies.com – or we can be reached at 404.618.0422.