It’s the start of a New Year, and for many of us, that means a fresh start and possibly some goal setting. Although many New Year’s resolutions focus on dropping a bad habit, getting healthier, or saving money, our goals for 2014 are a bit different. And to help us stick to them for the year, we’re sharing them here with you.
At steve mckenzie’s we resolve to…
- Create – Of course! You’d think we wouldn’t have to make this one a resolution; it’s what we do everyday, right?!? Well, it’s easy to get sidetracked and loose focus. This year, we’re looking forward to focusing on creating art, working to create inviting spaces, and to creating new combinations.
- Inspire – A goal for us this year is to really work to inspire others. We want to inspire our clients here at steve mckenzie’s to get brave, go bold, and express their own aesthetic by creating their own spaces. We hope to design memorable displays and get creative (see above) with unique combinations, which will work to inspire others.
- Read – This one’s a personal goal for both Steve and Jill. To make time in our hectic schedules to actually sit down and read – for Steve to enjoy some of the great Southern authors, such as Harper Lee and Faulkner, and for Jill to focus on finishing one book each quarter. Book recommendations welcome!
- Entertain – Again, something you think would come naturally in our line of business. But, even we need to make an effort to spend more time with family and friends. Not only will entertaining more allow us to nurture those important relationships, it will also give us an opportunity to get creative (ah ha, back to #1 again!), and possibly give us an opportunity to inspire others (and onto #2 – we’re covering all the bases with this one). AND this resolution even ties to the next one…
- Unplug – We’re sure we’re not the only ones with this resolution for 2014, but time unplugged is what enriches our lives, and helps us recharge. In the digital world we live in, it’s easy to get caught off guard, and realize we’re not really engaging with others or having meaningful interactions. Really unplugging with give us an opportunity for more face to face time and activities. Euchre anyone?
Maybe we’ll revisit these in a few months for a status update… Keep an eye out! And please share – what are your resolutions for 2014?
2 thoughts on “steve mckenzie’s Resolutions for 2014”